At TGBC, we’re happy whenever people choose to attend our services. But more importantly, our hope is for people to become a real part of the good work we are doing. The true Christian life is more than just being an observer, but being a real participant in the work that God is doing in our community and the world.
For that to happen, you quite simply need to belong. At TGBC, we call belonging and committing to work together church membership. And here are three main reasons why we believe belonging as part of the TGBC family is important…
We all need community
- God never meant us to go through life alone. We need a community of friends around us, a family of faith, to give us spiritual support and lift us up when life knocks us down.
- As your church, we commit to walk with you through any struggle you face. Even if it’s a struggle brought on by your own failure, we’ll be there for you and help you pick up the pieces
We all need accountability
- Even the best of Christians forgets. We skip studying our Bible, we skim through prayer, we get so focused on our own problems we forget to minister to others in need.
- As your church, we commit to remind you through weekly worship and Bible study of the “eternal” in this life. We will walk together toward the things that really matter, and prioritize following Christ together.
We all need to make a difference
- A life lived for our own selfish pursuits will soon evaporate into nothing. So we all need to be “on mission” and live for something bigger than ourselves.
- As your church, we commit to work side by side with you on efforts that will change our world through the power of Jesus Christ working through us. Together as the Church, we are determined to make a difference!
If you’re 18 or older and ready to make those commitments, the next step is to understand what we believe. You can read those beliefs stated clearly here.
If you understand and agree, and feel God is calling you to be a part of what God is doing at TGBC, just give us a call at (314) 865-4673 and we’ll set up an interview to answer any questions you may have.
Watch Pastor Dave’s message below, on why church matters…